Backwoods Jerky Seasonings have been delighting customers since 1991. We make it simple with our easy to follow instructions and pre-measured cure in every package. Marinate strips or mix with ground meat and use with our famous Jerky Cannon!
For consistently flavorful jerky use the recommended number of pounds of meat this package is intended to produce.
- Remove all sinew and fat. For best results, use a cut from the hind legs.
- Cut meat into strips 8" long and 1/8" thick.
- To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 2-1/2 cups of water for 5 pounds of meat.
- To make the entire 25 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 12-1/2 cups of water for 25 pounds of meat.
- To make smaller batches: Dissolve 2 tablespoons and 2 1/4 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1/2 cup of water per pound of meat in a glass bowl.
- Place strips of meat in the bowl and marinate for at least eight hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove strips from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and place in oven or dehydrator.