We took the world’s best auger—the original ION—and made it better. The ION R1 is a brand-new powerhouse that utilizes the Lithium-ion 5 Ah Gen 1 battery platform, paired with a brand-new motor that adds 35% more power and significant speed upgrades over previous Gen 1 ION Augers. The R1 is outfitted with a precision polymer bottom, and a centering point and cutting ring to ensure that you can safely and easily re-drill old holes without the binding and jarring that many curved blade augers can have. Available in 8” and 10” configurations, all R1 augers come with reverse and 2 led lights and are backed by an industry-leading 3-year warranty—which includes the battery. 8" weighs 23 lbs., 10" weighs 24lbs.
- ▼5 AMP HOUR, GEN 1 BATTERY
- ◄30% FASTER CUTTING SPEEDS
- A re-optimized power system makes the ION R1 more powerful, offering up to 30% faster cutting speeds than previous Gen 1 ION augers.
- ◄ION® REVERSE
- Reverse eliminates the need for an ice skimmer by flushing the slush ice down the hole.
- ◄HIGH-STRENGTH COMPOSITE POLYMER CUTTING HEAD
- Ensures smooth and consistent cutting in all conditions and easily re-drills old holes. Aggressive design cuts through ice quickly with an incredibly smooth breakthrough. Composite material provides additional resistance to icing up.
- ◄AUGER CENTERING POINT
- Allows for ultra-precise blade positioning when opening new holes, or re-opening frozen holes.
- ◄PLANETARY GEAR TRANSMISSION
- ION® offers the optimal combination of weight and high-powered delivery, giving you maximum efficiency at the lightest weight possible.
- ◄TWO LED LIGHTS
- Positioned under the powerhead, two bright LED lights illuminate the ice surface, making the ION R1 ideal for night operation or drilling inside dark shelters.
- ◄LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO CARRY
- At only 23 pounds, the 8 inch ION R1 weighs nearly 40% less than typical gas-powered augers. This means less effort drilling and more opportunity to focus on fishing.
- ◄COMPACT HANDLEBAR DESIGN
- By bringing the handlebars closer to the powerhead, drilling next to walls in ice houses is easier than ever.
||5 Amp Hour
||8" or 10"
||23 lbs or 40 lbs.